November: living without the Internet and watching TV…
Ok! Internet is misson critical and TV sucks.
I moved during November and lost my Internet for about a month. I did have Internet at work, but needless to say it didn’t feel right to work on my personal stuff at work…but wow was I impressed with how much we rely on the Internet! Some of the things that really caught me off guard:
- Had to have my wife pay my bills remotely, she turned into my virtual private assistant (straight from the 4 hour work week – thanks Ferris). Except I could understand her and was fully audited on all my transactions…
- Could only check my emails on my clunky 3G phone. Blah.
- Getting home at night and watching junk on TV is WAY worse that surfing on the web, even if your not surfing for anything in particular. At least you can read, watch videos, virtually socialize, man TV is such a dud. SUCH A DUD.
- Not being able to work at night stinks. When else can you catch up on all those ignored emails? During the day in the middle of meetings? Don’t think so.
- Missed out on Cyber Monday, dang.
- Couldn’t write in this blog, aggh!
- Couldn’t conference with family and co-workers in other time zones
And the list goes on.
Maybe Santa Clause can bring my a redundant fiber link and perma Internet connection LTE chip embedded in my nose.